Our vision is to bring the best quality teaching for children in ocean water environments. Immersing in the healing qualities of salt water, brings a healthy submersion in our oceanic playground where children learn to be safe, have fun and be active in Australia’s most beloved pursuits in surf sports and swimming.
The swim school aims to provide each student with the opportunity to develop and master the invaluable life skill of learning to swim. Mermaid Swim Academy’s secret to success is found within three major factors:
1. Small classes
The school believes that this allows each child to develop a stronger relationship with their teacher and receive greater feedback, which consequently enhances their progression and more importantly nourishes their overall love of the water.
2. Unique methods of teaching
Joanna’s in-depth studies of swimming techniques, working alongside with industry professionals in stroke correction such as Nilton Nelms and Shane Could, in addition with her studies of anatomy and physiology (working with unique exercise physiologists and posture physio-therapists) have aided her in creating a better understanding of how we should swim to suit our bodies, which makes MSA classes all the more unique and effective.
3. Quality teachers
MSA achieves such reputable results through its highly skilled and appropriately qualified swimming teachers, whose vibrant, energetic and passionate approach enables each child to obtain outstanding results, whilst developing their passion for the water.
1. High quality teaching: teachers follow the same consistent teaching methods of “Mermaid Jo’s way” so you’re in great hands no-matter who your teacher is! All our teachers are trained in our specific and unique methods and we work as a team to help our students to become the best swimmers they can be and love learning in the process.
2. We want to make swimming easy! By knowing how to teach all aspects of swimming and strokes and having a unique understanding of the body’s mechanics, breathing patterns of modern bodies – we use this knowledge and understanding to help individuals become aware of their breathing and the natural function of their bodies to best adapt in the water and result in easier and more efficient swimming;
3. We pride ourselves in starting our classes on time and you can count on us to always turn up and teach. You will never be left without a teacher.
4. We are enthusiastic and passionate about swim teaching and deliver our lessons in the most professional manner.
5. We believe everybody is special and unique, so we like to treat everyone with the appropriate nurturing, compassion, enthusiasm and respect.
6. We strive to be efficient, courteous, and enthusiastic with all our customers’ needs both in the water and out!