Stroke Development swimming lessons are designed for children generally between the ages of 4 – 7 years. This level aims to prepare your child to start learning the basics of the two most important swimming strokes: freestyle and backstroke. Your child will begin to learn the correct balance, head & body position, technique and timing. Small class sizes (3 students per teacher). These classes will help make your child a confident, competent and efficient swimmer, preparing them for the next level of Mini Squad.
Swim lessons run for the duration of 30 minutes at the scheduled time each week for the duration of the relevant term: Choose from 1, 2 or even 3 lessons per week.
Students will learn to:
- Swim Big Arms unassisted
- Side breathing on both sides
- Roll from back starfish to front starfish to back starfish
- Swim bubble arm/breathing arm
- Back kicking
- Backstroke start with glide
- Dive off the wall
- Dive off the wall, swim freestyle and back to the wall & climb out
- Swim underwater like a fish
- Pick up objects underwater! & deep water
- Kick like a dolphin
- Kick like a froggy